Why do you need a to-do list?



           It's my second year in college now, and my second year of failing miserably in dealing with people AND THE 3rd YEAR OF PROCRASTINATING.. I know that feeling quiet well ever since my senior year. I kept blaming people around me for the choices that I made, hence the consequences are theirs too and mine to suffer. I kept playing the victim all along, while i should've been the one to be blamed. I know that now more than anyone. 



                     As you read from the title, I am advocating to-do lists... For one incident: once I did write a to-do list, and I was so determined to make all the tasks written- that day was on of the happiest days of my life. And so, my blog-post today will be dedicated to to-do listing.

      Here's why you need a To-do list:

1) You know what you have to do

                        I can't tell you enough how the days I spent without a to-do list were like the days I slept in- useless and meaningless. However, whenever I write a to-do list, I feel like I know what I have to do; I write house chores, studying program, self-care routines, and journaling. Even though I don't make amends everyday, I keep trying nonetheless.
                     And here's a tip oh how to make this work: write everything you really want to do that day.However, that's not it. After doing so, rearrange them from the most important to the least important (or by time schedule because sometimes you have due dates and deadlines you are bind with). And so, you know how you can manage your day however you want, becausse you have set your priorities already!

2) You are saving time searching for spent time

               Of course, That's a new title! But If you're new to your road of success, like me, you'll get it. At the end of the day, I like sitting it myself and think about how my day went- like a questionnaire- and see where have I spent my time doing what. Here, if you find your to-do list not thoroughly ticked, then you'll look for what caught your attention at the time that you should've been doing your alotted task.

             That said, if you have been consistent with your to-do list , you know how your day went, so give yourself a round of applause and a huge hug for making it through a rough day with such strong will.

3) You are taking a step forward

             If you're reading this until now, then you're either bored or you're trying to get motivated to start a successful life. Either way, you want to be someone better. You're trying to do anything to feel successful and you're trying to know about it (way to go!). When I started writing a to-do list, all I felt was ," Wow, I need to get things done. So, that's how successful people live their lives,huh?" , and I started tackling my tasks right away. Yes, they feel overwhelming; yes, I write a lot of things there, and yes, i tend to procrastinate most of the times.... But I never give up on writing it. I keep reminding myself that there must be a meaning to my days or else why I'm living the? That's the mindset that you should be working with throughout your successful life.

4) doing a favor for your future

       And Lastly, we have reached to the final station: your future. Ive always been impressed by that Chinese saying that goes "the first best time to plant a tree was 100 years ago, the second best time to plant the tree is now." Whatever habits you're fostering today, will make you who you are in the future, so stop delaying things, postponing your habits, calling off the progress that's calling you to make it every single day. That show that you're watching, it's never going anywhere; that game you're playing, it doesn't have an expiry date. Whatever nonsense you are doing right now will make you regret you have wasted time on it in the very near future (aka finals week). So please, do yourself a favor and start planning your day.




                 Sorry that it took me that long to write this post and sorry for not updating for the past 2 years.... I know it's a long time, but college life is like living in a non-ending soap opera drama... it goes on and on.


    Right now, since I've finished something I've been wanting to do  for a while... I'll excuse myself to make me a good cup of coffee to start my to-do list tasks..... Have hope and have a good day.
bye. <3

         

Comments